Trailbuilding - March 13-14, 2013
Albion Hills Conservation Authority
Daniel Scott from IMBA writes, "Students will come away with a firm understanding of the fundamentals of trail design for both hard surface and naturally surfaced trails of various user types. A working knowledge of the design process from the planning phase to ground proofing trail alignments will be both discussed and experienced with examples and a field exercise which will include using field measurement equipment and flagging a trail alignment for construction."
Program elements include:IMBA will provide for a two day workshop educating on the following elements
• Sustainable Trail Design – Making sure it lasts using various techniques:
• 5 Elements of Sustainable Design - Micro trail design - the fundamentals for bench cut
• Bench cut Trail vs. Raised Tread Trail - when is each appropriate
• 13 Steps to Trail Planning - Macro trail design - how one trail fits within a larger system
• Art of Trail Design - User psychology and design theory in the natural landscape
• Trail Closure & Rehabilitation - Mitigating reroutes & closures through design & signage
• Advanced Techniques – Building in challenging locations:
• Wooden Structures - intro to various techniques and how to design for users types
• Rock Armouring - intro to various techniques and how to design for users types
• Technical Trail Features - Designing trail features specific to various user groups
• Turns - Climbing, In sloped & Switchback - which turns is appropriate for who & where?
So watch these newsletters and the trails education page on our website for updates!
To Book - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Eventbrite : http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4393352636#
Ever wondered who is using your trail and when? Looking for more than just a static count of trail activity? Tell others about what type of person is using your trail, what makes your trail a popular destination...and more!
We have your answer.Utilizing smartphone technology trail users can now complete a short survey that:
- Logs in the trip
- Single counts individual users
- Consolidates results for centralized reporting
- Consultation on survey content.
- We ask your questions - the facility manager asks what they want to know!
- Allows for separate trail counting
- Multi-season operation
- Identifies quality of trail experiences
- Provides you feedback loop
Low maintenanceUsing weatherproof decals our methods allow users to quickly and easily provide you with information you need to assess, improve, direct, re-direct, or provide information to the user - while on the trail. Our proprietary method has been developed by over 140 trail users and with the input of The City of Thunder Bay and Norfolk County Trail Managers.
Low cost$50.00 per trail per year (max 3 trails) includes:
- Decal design
- Decal Printing - max 6 sheets, various size decals
- More decals option (fee charged)
- Survey Set-up
- Survey reports
- All system maintenance
- Regional Comparisons
- Seasonal variances
- Trail differentiations
- Use patterns
PackagesOTC Member? - Take $25.00 off each package!
- Blue - 4-10 trails: $300.00 plus HST and registration fees
- Maximum 20 sheets of decals
- Green - 10-20 trails: $500.00 plus HST and registration fees
- Maximum 40 sheets of decals
- Gold - 20 or more trails: Starting at $1,000 plus HST and registration fees
Various decal sizes to meet your needs!8 decals per sheet - each decal is @4.5" (W) X 1.12" (T) or 11.43cm (W) X 2.8cm (T)
4 decals per sheet - each decal is @ 6" (W) X 1.75" (T) or 15.24cm (W) X 4.44cm (T)
2 decals per sheet - each decal is @ 9" (W) X 2.25" (T) or 22.86cm (W) x 5.72cm (T)
Networked Trail Traffic Service -Do you have a trail that comes into your area from somewhere else? Is it managed by someone other than you? Ever want to know how much trail traffic was passing through, staying. or going away from your place - on your trail? Trails network and they cross jurisdictions. How much maintenance are you doing for traffic that comes from someone else's trail? We can answer that! Watch this space for our Trillium Trail (C) Decal. It is designed specifically for trail networks!
Other Facilities?Do you have a trail that comes into park, runs around the arena or pool and you'd like to know more about cross flow and traffic integration? Ontario Trails can offer this same method to integrate additional feedbak from your other recreation facilities as well - producing for you a comprehensive report on traffic, quality of experience at your arena, pool or tourism destination - giving you a sense of aggregate operation and our 4 F's - "fit, flow, funding and function."
For more information:Call Patrick at 877-668-7245
*Shipping and handling extra
** Colour print extra