Helping Small, Rural and Northern Municipalities Build Roads and BridgesThe new Ontario government plans to create a fund of $100 million for 2013 - 2014, to help small, rural and Northern municipalities build roads, bridges and other critical infrastructure.
The government recognizes the unique needs of these communities and the importance of high quality infrastructure in all areas of the province. This would also help support the local economy and construction jobs across Ontario.
This investment would be the first step of a comprehensive transportation plan for rural and Northern Ontario. Making sure every part of the province can move with ease is part of the government's plan to create jobs and build a prosperous and fair Ontario.
This spring, we invite you to help to create a Big Picture Legacy for the Carolinian Zone.
As you know, this ecoregion is an irreplaceable national treasure. Yet cumulative impacts threaten ecological services that are fundamental to the health of this region.
Thanks to you, Carolinian Canada has a Big Picture strategy for ecosystem health in southwestern Ontario. Our Biodiversity Hotspot Plans, established with a community of leaders address immediate threats and specific critical actions for thriving landscapes.
The Coalition Board is, therefore, establishing a Big Picture Legacy Circle to connect conservation-minded allies to act quickly and efficiently for ecosystem health and biodiversity.
A strong circle of Friends will make things happen for this region. You can join the circle:
- As a Visionary Patron by pledging $1,000, $5,000 or more
- As a Sustaining Sponsor by contributing $250
- As a Long-time Friend by contributing monthly $10, $20 or $30 or annually $100
- As a Legacy Friend by planning a bequest or memorial donation.
- Ecosystem Recovery catalyzes critical actions for 500+ rare species and habitats
- Erie Coastal Stewardship EcoTrail engages new allies in treasuring Canada’s south coast
- Grow Wild! motivates and assists stakeholders in priority habitat actions
- Landowner Leaders inspires landowners to save, steward and seed habitat
- Carolinian Student Interns research stewardship with Universities
Canoe Heads for Kids: Sparking a Change
Canoe Heads for Kids will see over 100 participants embark on an urban canoe trip, with the goal of supporting underprivileged children to attend overnight summer camps in Ontario through Amici Camping Charity. campforcanoeheads2 300x225 Canoe ...
See all stories on this topic »