This program was announced at the end of June. In total the OTC had 93 enquiries for funding. Snowmobile had 89 projects come forward and ORV 19, for a total of 201 expressions of interest.
This led to 59 applications being received by non-motorized. 13 of these are mixed use, either non-motorized/snowmobile, snowmobile/ORV, non-motorized/ORV, or all 3.
The total value of work on these 59 projects (without single snowmobile, or single ORV) is over $21,000,000. The project costs alone are $17,600,000. The dollars raised by the communities applying is over $10,000,000 of this and the NTC contribution is of course maxed at $2.1 million.
The Ontario Review Committee has met on one occasion to reconcile receipt and acknowledgements. We are working towards September approvals and communications.
The NTC also hired a National Program Facilitator - his name is Roger Pelletier. He can be reached by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the same time frame as we are working on all this we got an acknowledgement that the Ontario Government is not going to support the OTC.
Membership Growth - Join Today.
Ontario Trails Council Membership is now over 220 member organizations. In 2003 we had 33. In the past year we have:
- Audited land for new trail development
- Opened or secured trails in Niagara, Georgian Bay and other places
- Completed the curriculum for our on-line Trails Skills Course at Algonquin College
- Signed onto the Green Infrastructure, and renewed our commitment to the "No Child Left Behind" initiatives
- Secured $2.1M in federal funds for trails in Ontario through 2016
- Defended the Pan Am Games and Pan Am Path
- Increased our membership to over 180 organizations - Members
- Represented your trail on our Award winning website
- Funded 6 youth trail programs
- Secured policy developments from the province for trail management and use.
Member Profile - New Members
Perth County Trails
North of Superior Trails
Mattawa Area Trails