• Education • News • Updates • Sharing
• Requests • Meetings • Activity
WATER - CHECK BEFORE YOU GO! At this time of Year - Please restrain Motorized and Equestrian use on Soft Soils. Thanks
1) Question: Hunting along rail trails. In the Game and Fish Act...Section18 (10) and no such patentee, owner or tenant shall prohibit any person from hunting or fishing on the railway lands. Definition (11) “railway lands” includes all lands set apart under any Act as a land subsidy or otherwise in aid of any railway or of any works in connection therewith or of any works to be established, maintained or carried on by any railway. R.S.O. 1990, c. G.1, s. 18 (10, 11). So if its a trail and not a railway this "free hunting access"doesn't apply? Please e-mail me with your interpretation or how you manage this on your rail trail. email@example.com Thanks
2) Question: Road Trail Intersection Improvements. OTC was contacted by Saugeen Rail Trail. They have been invited to present at more Ministry of Transportation meetings. They want to know - when two lane highways are re-developed, have any of you been able to secure trailhead improvements at the crossings, by way of the re-development? If so, what did you get? Please e-mail Jeff Hemming at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Support a Great Lakes Guardian Fund Grant. Great Lakes Guardian Fund applications due tomorrow. Last year OTC supported a Town of Deseronto CIAF Grant Application and the town got an $80,000 grant to re-develop their waterfront park and the Waterfront trail. As an OTC Member, Regional partner, or trail stakeholder would you consider writing a letter in support. E-mail me for our letter template you can use! Also please consider putting our OTC logo or OTC website as a link on your website!
Trailhead Ontario - Updates
June 9-12, 2013 - Peterborough
General Membership AGM!
The Ontario Trails Council is providing notice to membership and guests that the OTC Annual General Meeting is at Noon June 10, 2013. In accordance with the OTC By-Laws, Notice of Nominations for the Board of Directors is hereby served. Download the nomination letter and forms here.