Trail HeroesKnow somebody that works hard on trails? If so nominate them to be an Ontario Trails "Trail Hero!" We'd be happy to review your recommendations and acknowledge in a small way their contribution to trails in your community.
Trail BlogEvery day trails are news! Every day we blog about trails. In communities all over Ontario trails are big news, for cyclists, runners, canoe or horses, every day we capture in one spot all the trail news - local, provincial or national! Join today!
Trail Leaders!Become a trail development leader. Join Ontario's first ever series of 14 trail education courses in the development and management of trails. Designed for both volunteers and professionals. Register today - registration is open 24/7 until the morning of each training event.
Join OTCThe Ontario Trails Council is a non-profit charitable organization, established in 1988, that promotes the development, preservation, management and use of recreational trails. With over 130 organizational members and 15 individual supporters the OTC has influence! Support trails in Ontario - Join the OTC
Learn an ActivityOur website contains information on over 2,600 trails, and a description for nearly 2,000. Learn about the places where you can bike, cross country ski, climb or any of another 15 activities. We are linked to over 130 organizations and a variety of provincial groups that can help you learn an activity or become better at one you already love!
Add Your EventWe post trail or outdoor events on trail specific facebook pages, the main OTC facebook page, and the event section of the OTC website. You can send us your event and we'll post it to these extensive networks. Each week we reach over 20,000 people, so if you want your event known, a bit better, send us the information.
Member Requests1) Capital Budgets - link to google doc shared - please share your trail budget we'd like to know who is getting what around the province. Thanks!
2) OTC met Mayor Rob Ford Chief of Staff and discussed his support for the Toronto Trails Committee. Please like us on facebook.
3) OTC/Cycle Toronto pursue Ignite endorsement! Secured!
4) OTC going back to Norfolk County in May on horse trails!
5) Met with core leaders Niagara Trails Committee. Thanks to Niagara Circle Trek Trail for your support!
6) OTC welcomes new members! Thanks South Western Tourism Corporation!
7) OTC declared "partner" of Cycle Toronto - thanks
8) Algonquin College program on-line
9) Do you have a winter trail maintenance policy? Please forward to Ontario Trails firstname.lastname@example.org
10) Thanks to Caledon for extending use of trails to horses!
11) Please renew your OTC Membership - TODAY "New trails are still to be developed in Ontario. Existing trails need to be maintained and expanded. Trail organizations in Ontario need one common voice to advocate for them. We need a central source to promote funding opportunities and act as a communications link between trail groups." Ray Gilbert Bruce Trails Network
12) Next OTC Board Meeting May 27th, 2013. Using JoinMe internet meeting service.
13) Liability Survey Arising from our meeting with the ADM and staffs October 1, 2012
Please complete ASAP
14) Hamilton Conservation discount passes - Additional rewards :-)
15) Anybody aware of any sanctioned "free run" dog trails? Came up at Toronto Beltline Trail Meeting. Please call OTC Office with information
16) Credit Valley Conservation looking for support from Shell Fuelling Change Project
17) OTC Mobile App - for iProducts and Windows
Check out the latest trail opening here.
19) Thanks to The Great Waterway for their support. Contact Graham Burke if your RTO wants to do the same!
20) Millennium Trail PEC Blog - often looking for volunteers
21) Each week 100 folks talk about us and we reach over 12,000 on facebook alone. Check us out
22) Membership section of OTC website updated - get your login and password today!
23) Director section of the OTC website updated - get your login and password today! New content added - Guideline for Interpreting Financial statements and Past Meeting Minutes.
24) CPRA Looking for Infrastructure and Parks Volunteer e-mail John Lohuis at Niagara Parks
25) Add your trail
26) Add your event
27) Prescott-Russell look for links on website for Masterplan
28) The Toronto Bruce Trail public bus hikes
29) Follow the Education Program on Facebook
30) Follow the Education Program Updates on Twitter
31) Post Photos to Pinterest
32) OTC on Foursquare
33) Safe Trails Manual
34) Winter Hikes with Rainbow Routes
35) OTC Education Partner
36) Snowshoe program at Wye Marsh
37) Park and Recreation Ontario.
38) OTC Youtube Channel
39) Trail Priorities Survey
40)Trail Reform Now Survey
41) Trail Projects 2012
42) Ontario Trails Maps
43) Enabling Change Program
44) Canadian Canoe Museum
45) Sustainable Trails Program
The 74th annual Finnish Canadian Grand Festival is returning to the City of Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada where the Grand Festival originated on the Dominion Day Weekend in 1940. We are calling this year’s festival: FINNFUN2013. FINNFUN2013 will take place from Thursday June 27th to Canada Day on Monday July 1st, 2013. We encourage families to bring their children to participate and to learn about their Finnish culture and heritage.
47) OTC Board 2012-13
BillGoulding@sustainabletrails.com Jeff Muzzi
Manager, Forestry Services, Renfrew County
We currently have vacancies on the OTC Board. If you are interested please e-mail Jack De Wit to discuss.
email@example.com We are also headed into an AGM. Get your nomination forms to Ron Purchase - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Trails Council appreciates Ontario Trillium Foundation Financial Support
The ideas, opinions, re-posting of news, editorials and content contained in this newsletter are not necessarily the ideas or opinions of the OTC Board or staff. This news is intended for informational purposes only.
OTC Event Planning Guide
OTC Trail Committee Manual
Ontario Trails Membership
On behalf of OTC we thank you for your support. If there is a group you know that is not a member contact us and we'll send them a note on membership benefits. This past week we received a renewal from the Credit Valley Conservation Authority. Thank you very much for your support!