Ontario Trails and Ontario Equestrian Federation launch horse survey
Spartan Race -Do you have the Trail?
About Spartan Race:
We do 5+k, 12+k and 20+k obstacle course races throughout eastern Canada each year during the months of May, June and July. This season our events were hosted at Hardwood Bike and Ski. They are currently seeking a new venue for the 2014 race season.
- 5+k events typically host 5-7,000 racers and 2-3,000 spectators per day and are 2 day events (Saturday, Sunday)
- Within 1 - 1.5 hours of GTA
- Elevational changes (we have done events at multiple ski locations)
- Wooded areas
- Sufficient open space for location of our "village" and several of the obstacles (although most obstacles are placed along the course)
- Water - lake, river, stream is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Electric connection near the village area is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Access to sufficient parking (onsite is desirable, but remote is acceptable).
- Parking for 5-7000 racers
Does your forest landbase ever get land transferred to it through someone’s estate? If so,
1. How do you get the word out about transferring land over?
2. What kind of process is involved? Do you have a contract that outlines how the land will be managed, any disclaimers, etc?
3. How often does this happen?
Linda Touzin, R.P.F. District Forester Tel: 613-258-8268 Fax: 613-258-3920 Email: email@example.com
We have updated the program and our 14 module program is here for the using. If you have staff to train, trails to manage or want a session in your area on a particular topic let us know. We'll coordinate a session or series on your behalf.
|Volunteer Management||View PDF|
|Business Planning and Budgetting||View PDF|
|Regulation and Legislation||View PDF|
|Ecosystem and Natural Heritage||View PDF|
|Wilderness First Aid||View PDF|
|Food and Nutrition||View PDF|
|Marketing and Promotion||View PDF|
|Health and Safety||View PDF|
|Technology for Trails - Level 1||View PDF|
|Trail Design (2 days)||View PDF|
|Trail Risk Management||View PDF|
|Trail Committee Development||Manual|
|Trail Steward- On Line Learning||Program|
|Trail Planning - On Line||Program|
Low maintenance - Using weatherproof decals our methods allow users to quickly and easily provide you with information you need to assess, improve, direct, re-direct, or provide information to the user - while on the trail. Our proprietary method has been developed by over 140 trail users and with the input of The City of Thunder Bay and Norfolk County Trail Managers.
Packages - OTC Member? - Take $25.00 off each package!
- Blue - 4-10 trails: $300.00 plus HST and registration fees
- Maximum 20 sheets of decals
- Green - 10-20 trails: $500.00 plus HST and registration fees
- Maximum 40 sheets of decals
- Gold - 20 or more trails: Starting at $1,000 plus HST and registration fees