2014 Location needed
About Spartan Race:
We do 5+k, 12+k and 20+k obstacle course races throughout eastern Canada each year during the months of May, June and July. This season our events were hosted at Hardwood Bike and Ski. They are currently seeking a new venue for the 2014 race season.
- 5+k events typically host 5-7,000 racers and 2-3,000 spectators per day and are 2 day events (Saturday, Sunday)
- Within 1 - 1.5 hours of GTA
- Elevational changes (we have done events at multiple ski locations)
- Wooded areas
- Sufficient open space for location of our "village" and several of the obstacles (although most obstacles are placed along the course)
- Water - lake, river, stream is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Electric connection near the village area is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Access to sufficient parking (onsite is desirable, but remote is acceptable).
- Parking for 5-7000 racers
Hamilton-Burlington Trails Committee
French River Trails