Hamilton residents Munster and her husband, Adam Pearson, will celebrate their first anniversary Saturday surrounded by an estimated 10,000 walking undead at the 10th annual Toronto Zombie Walk. Munster (a childhood nickname that stuck) was a ...
See all stories on this topic »
Car Hikes this Weekend and Tuesday
Please read General Information on Car HikesCAR POOLS GUIDELINES AND COMMENTS
|Ontario Hiking Trailheads Map|
- Car Pools are an easy way for members who wish to car pool to a hike, to contact each other. Replaces calls to hike leaders. All changes emailed to other members.
- Members can create a Car Pool for any car hike, up to 30 days before the hike, or join an existing Car Pool.
- The Toronto Bruce Trail Club provides the Car Pool feature as a service to members but has no responsibility as far as the car pooling itself is concerned. Members use service at their own risk.
- Persons registering for a car pool agree to share their telephone and/or email address as listed on the car pool system.
- Footnotes has a suggested car pool fee, but this does not take into account distance and number of passengers. Car poolers may want to make their own arrangements in this regard.
- On hikes involving a car shuttle there should be no more than 3 people in a 5-seater car. On loop hikes there is no restriction.
Create a new Car Pool For car hikes listed below, click on the appropriate "Join Car Pool" link, otherwise click on this link and choose, from the drop-down list, the hike for which you want to organize a car pool.
|Ontario Snowshoe Trails Page|
Hey guys I have a question. I hunt this spot for snowshoe hare and been vary lucky last year in harvesting them. I never hunted them early in october but did well ...
Heritage Minister wants Canadian history taught in all high schools
Globe and Mail
At the school, Mr. Moore presided over the showing of a new Heritage Minute, to begin airing later this month. The 60-second vignette tells of Richard Pierpont, a 68-year old former slave who formed an all-black unit to fight for the British in the War ...
See all stories on this topic »
PATHWAYS TO A GREENER FUTURE ALONG CANADA'S SOUTH COAST
Learn More and Register Today
October 25-26th, 2012
Port Stanley, ON
In the quaint setting of Port Stanley’s historic harbour, Carolinian Canada’s Ecosystem Recovery Forum 2012 will highlight how “Big Picture” thinking, region-wide stewardship trail initiatives, smart municipal planning and savvy social marketing are linking conservation, outreach and ecotourism from one end of Lake Erie to the other. On October 25th Conservation Action Plan (CAP) partners from across the Carolinian zone will share conservation successes and challenges, and gain inspiration from each other's accomplishments. On October 26th we will explore the myriad ecotourism, conservation and outreach opportunities along the Erie Coastal Stewardship Eco-Trail, the string that links the heritage jewels of Canada’s southernmost coast. Join us! See www.carolinian.org for more information, full agenda and to register. Early bird pricing in effect until Oct. 18th!
Back to Top
|Ontario Hiking Trails|
Ontario Hiking Week is a Hike Ontario initiative to encourage Ontarians to get out ... This year, Ontario Hiking Week is being held from October 1 to October 7.
Chair Fundraising Committee (Hike Ontario)
(Hike Ontario). [ Suggest an Update | Print Version (New ...
|Ontario Trails Mobile App|
Our event calendar shows weekly adjustments to our course offerings. It also provides links to course information, in PDF flyer format, registration, and location of course through a google map or other means.
|Weekly Newsletter Here!|