Recently, a group of researchers from Montreal’s McGill and Concordia universities predicted the widespread disappearance of outdoor hockey rinks across the country over the next 50 years due to global warming.
The scientists — Nikolay Damyanov and Lawrence Mysak of McGill and Concordia’s Damon Matthews — tracked historical temperature trends recorded since 1951...
- Logs in the trip
- Single counts individual users
- Consolidates results for centralized reporting
- Consultation on survey content.
- We ask your questions - the facility manager asks what they want to know!
- Allows for separate trail counting
- Multi-season operation
- Identifies quality of trail experiences
- Provides you feedback loop
- Decal design
- Decal Printing - max 6 sheets, various size decals
- More decals option (fee charged)
- Survey Set-up
- Survey reports
- All system maintenance
- Regional Comparisons
- Seasonal variances
- Trail differentiations
- Use patterns
- Blue - 4-10 trails: $300.00 plus HST and registration fees
- Maximum 20 sheets of decals
- Green - 10-20 trails: $500.00 plus HST and registration fees
- Maximum 40 sheets of decals
- Gold - 20 or more trails: Starting at $1,000 plus HST and registration fees
4 decals per sheet - each decal is @ 6" (W) X 1.75" (T) or 15.24cm (W) X 4.44cm (T)
2 decals per sheet - each decal is @ 9" (W) X 2.25" (T) or 22.86cm (W) x 5.72cm (T)
*Shipping and handling extra
** Colour print extra
Trailhead Ontario _________________________________________________________________________________
NATURAL/ HISTORIC SITES When you’re entering the region from any direction the noticeable feature that differentiates Peterborough from other Cities or Counties in Ontario is the distinct rolling hills. These hills, while beautiful when full with fall foliage, have a unique history behind them. When the last ice age was receding, it left behind large pockets of sediment, which it picked up while proceeding to grow and freeze everything in its path. These pockets of sediment are what create the rolling hill effect you see now. The leftover hills are called Drumlins and Peterborough is home to one of the largest Drumlin fields in Canada. The reason is unknown, however when traveling along the trails or the roads, makes sure you keep an eye out for the next hill and think about how it really was created. Become a Trailhead Ontario Presenter - tell us about yourself!
- Trail Priorities
- Land Use Planning
- Ontario Cycling Route Commentary
- Use of Maintenance Vehicles on Trails
- Community Development
- Event Planning for Trail Groups
- Safe Trails Manual
- Regional Tourism Trail Inventory RTO12
Ontario Trail Council Membership
On behalf of OTC we thank you for your support. If there is a group you know that is not a member contact us and we'll send them a note on membership benefits.
|The Ontario Trails Council Appreciates the support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation|