Trail HeroesKnow somebody that works hard on trails? If so nominate them to be an Ontario Trails "Trail Hero!" We'd be happy to review your recommendations and acknowledge in a small way their contribution to trails in your community.
Trail BlogEvery day trails are news! Every day we blog about trails. In communities all over Ontario trails are big news, for cyclists, runners, canoe or horses, every day we capture in one spot all the trail news - local, provincial or national! Join today!
Trail Leaders!Become a trail development leader. Join Ontario's first ever series of 14 trail education courses in the development and management of trails. Designed for both volunteers and professionals. Register today - registration is open 24/7 until the morning of each training event.
Join OTCThe Ontario Trails Council is a non-profit charitable organization, established in 1988, that promotes the development, preservation, management and use of recreational trails. With over 130 organizational members and 15 individual supporters the OTC has influence! Support trails in Ontario - Join the OTC
Learn an ActivityOur website contains information on over 2,600 trails, and a description for nearly 2,000. Learn about the places where you can bike, cross country ski, climb or any of another 15 activities. We are linked to over 130 organizations and a variety of provincial groups that can help you learn an activity or become better at one you already love!
Add Your EventWe post trail or outdoor events on trail specific facebook pages, the main OTC facebook page, and the event section of the OTC website. You can send us your event and we'll post it to these extensive networks. Each week we reach over 20,000 people, so if you want your event known, a bit better, send us the information.
Member Requests1) Capital Budgets - link to google doc shared - please share your trail budget we'd like to know who is getting what around the province. Thanks!
2) OTC welcomes Jim Crosscombe and Ontario Cycling Association, and Igor Hoogendoorn and Toronto Off-Road Bicycling Association in new partnerships.
3) OTC/Cycle Toronto pursue Ignite endorsement! Secured!
4) OTC going back to Norfolk County in April on horse trails!
5) Met with core leaders Niagara Trails Committee, meeting again in April
6) OTC welcomes new members! Thanks South Western Tourism Corporation!
7) OTC declared "partner" of Cycle Toronto - thanks
8) Algonquin College program on-line