In 2009-10 many OTC members were beneficiaries of federal funding that went to support trail development in Ontario. The OTC worked hard for about 5 years to process that funding and create that envelope.
For information on the program use this link: http://www.ntc-canada.ca/index.php
This past spring the federal budget announced another round of funding. This time the projects run for two fiscal years, 2014-15 and 2015-16.
The project application process is now open. To begin your application use this link: http://www.ntc-canada.ca/application.php
In Ontario the OTC has been retained to assist members process their NON-Motorized and multi-use trail applications to the NTC. This facilitation includes:
- application review
- assisting in application completion
- ensuring applicants are eligible to apply
- processing at decision making committee (ORAC)
- negotiating with other use groups in multi-use applications
- reporting on grant to NTC Ontario, national non-motorized and NTC National Coordinator and related staff
- ensure file is audit ready
The application deadline is August 15, 2014. (THis seems short but it is 15 days longer than in 2009-10. A small fee relative to the value of the project will be charged for this service. Please contact the OTC to discuss - 613-484-1140, or firstname.lastname@example.org