Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ganaraska trail, Ontario - Hammock Forums : Your Number One Hammock Community

"This section of trail starts at a boat launch for cottagers just north of Moore's Falls. I've hiked this section a few times but this is the second time I actually camped. The hike takes you over several beaver dams and around a couple of remote lakes.

The site I picked is located on top of a small bluff overlooking Sheldon lake. A well established fire pit was situated right near the edge and someone was kind enough(?) to leave a grill for cooking and there was already a pile of deadwood for my fire that night. I did get a chance to use my new folding saw from Lee Valley tools. It has a japanese style blade which went through the wood like a hot knife through butter.

After setting up my DIY blackbird clone, DIY UQ made from a JR Wally world bag, MEC scout tarp and summer sleeping bag I was ready to get all my camp chores finished. I went into the bush to get more wood ( there's that old adage that once you think you have enough wood, double it ). Plenty of standing dead birch and cedar trees to choose from. I filtered some water from the lake and put up my hammock chair."

Its a large trail system, for information on other links to the Ganaraska Trail see: http://www.ontariotrails.on.ca/trails-a-z/ scroll to Ganaraska and see the 5 distinct listings

No comments:

Post a Comment