Wednesday, September 29, 2010

No rush to cycle downtown | Toronto Votes 2010 | News | Toronto Sun

"The Toronto Cyclists Union encouraged mayoral candidates to get a taste of what it’s like to commute on two wheels during the morning rush.

Joe Pantalone and Rocco Rossi were the only two major mayoral candidates who made it out to Chinatown on Monday to ride with other cyclists. Pantalone, who never learned to ride a bicycle, was chauffeured around the 30-minute downtown route in a flowered rickshaw by campaign flack Mike Smith.

“I was born in Italy and, the age of 13, I was brought by my parents to Canada, and I was barely learning (the bicycle) then,” Pantalone said. “Never had a bike here and never learned. After the election and after the people of Toronto do me the honour of electing me mayor, I will learn to ride.”"

No comments:

Post a Comment