Friday, February 18, 2011

Always check ice before you head out - Northumberland Today - Ontario, CA

"This is where my mixed emotions come into play. The forecast for the next couple of days is calling for abnormally high temperatures and rain for our part of Ontario. If that comes true, and it sure looks and feels like it will, we won't have to worry about fighting deep snow until we get back to cooler, freezing weather again. I like that idea, simply because I like to zip around the lakes on my ATV and fish a variety of locations, which usually results in better catches, especially when an area gets too much fishing pressure as some locations are.

On the other hand, will we even be able to go ice fishing until the ice firms up again? Will the ice be safe enough to walk on, let alone drive on? Only time will tell, but you can bet I'll be checking the ice conditions thoroughly before I head out on it."

ATV Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment